Outpost
Dirt scale

Dirt scale

Dirt reveal

Dirt reveal

Orange: Unique texture

Orange: Unique texture

This was a seven-day project. I wanted to push myself and see what I could deliver on such a short timeframe. In this project, I tried to use as few unique materials as possible. I gave each object a unique mask texture that was fairly low res, where I added AO, dirt, and highlights. This way I could keep the texture footprint pretty low and used almost the same DirtMask/Roughness/Normal/Detail Normal texture on every prop. I tried this of two reasons, first: how low amount of textures can use in a scene like this, and second was time, which I almost had none.